Thursday, January 9, 2014

Tying Up Loose Ends (The Great 2013 Bucket List Reflection)

My dear former roommate and all around lady-idol Kellie asked me to reflect on the previous year and my bucket list. Now, I am not one to pass up an opportunity to procrastinate (and class tomorrow doesn't start until noon, Holla!). Also, looking at the insanity that is to await me these coming weeks in terms of school and work, I probably won't have any time to sleep, much less write a blog post, (which according to those schnazzy google statistics would be most likely to be enjoyed by readers in Latvia).

Also, I am highly manipulated by flattery, so here it is:

2013- THE REFLECTION

Let's take a look at those goals of mine.

#1 Eat Real Food
While Taco Bell is technically "real food", that is definitely not what I was referring to. Be it a lack of time, energy, or really desire I just never got to making much. I did stress bake a few times, but that doesn't really count. Yes, I know, I'll try to be better. Cancer, diabetes, I know.

#2 No More Casts, Braces, Crutches etc. 
Yeah, fail. Which my current roommate once inferred might be correlated with the first goal's failure. But I take daily Flintstones vitamins, so that can't possibly be it. Personally, I continue to blame the gypsy curse.

#3 No More Beyonce Nights
This is one of those titles which obnoxiously only has meaning to a small group of people. I apologize. Suffice it to say that history did not repeat itself in such a way.

#4 See The Grand Canyon
Donzies! And I have never felt more fulfilled! I can't tell you how immensely joyed I am that I didn't end up like that sad old blind lady from Paulie. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to. It shaped me into a sad little girl who was afraid of blindness and death. I consider that a clear win!

Photo Cred: Kelsi, who would probably like to be acknowledged
#5 Tube Down The Provo River
Accomplished with my ward this summer along with my sister and Traci. There was blood, there were tears, and there were also delicious Navajo tacos at the end.

#6 Get Into Grad School
Miracle of all miracles, I am in school! And now school owns my soul.

#7 Cancel This Damn Gym Membership
Clearly patience won out. This was also my first goal accomplished in 2013, just an hour and 15 minutes later.

Thank you for reading thus far into all my self-indulgence. Make some goals for yourself. And we'll laugh about not getting them done in 2015!!