Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dreams Can Come True


So far, I have had an epic summer of unemployment, slip n slides, softball and ultimate frisbee game watching, bike rides, hikes, travelling, swimming, boating, concert attending, just dance playing, general adventuring, and dream fulfilling. I honestly think this may have been one of the most fun summers I have ever had. And I was able to do all of this even with my broken foot, injured thumb, and skiwampus left wrist. Amidst the last 733 days since the incident, I have dealt with a bizarre string of well recorded physical ailments. Does it make sense? No. Did I feel sorry for myself, alot? You betcha. But also, have I had the best darn 1.3 years of my life? Definitely.

Of course everything has not been candy canes and roses. I feel down every once and a while, like a normal person. Everyday drama and frustration is exacerbated by the limitations I now have to face. There are things I can never do again, and fortunately, the pain because of that has lessened significantly. I hate nothing more that being dependent, or asking for help, but I have been so blessed to be around some of the most giving people possibly on the planet.

Moving has been... a challenge. Before this last year, I had no idea how frustrating it can be to move something as small as a pile of blankets. I want to be able to help others with physical limitations, because until you go through it, you have no idea the amount of helplessness and vulnerability you can feel. I was in tears because I knew I couldn't do it by myself, and I had no idea who to turn to when my prayers were literally answered.

I am truly optimistic about the future now, which has been a bit of a process. I do not know much more than a couple months ahead, and even that is very open to change. At the very least, I know I am not homeless until next April and I am officially now a UVU (*edit USU) student. So, even though nothing is for certain, there is a hope that has come back. I really do know that things will work out, just maybe not in the time or way I had previously supposed. There always seems to be a reason for why things happen the way they do. Sometimes the things you hope and wish for really do come. Who knows, maybe Jimmer and I will run into each other in Sacramento, fall madly in love, and live happily ever after. It could happen.


edit: jimmer's engaged. never mind.